Forums Archive -> VectorStar News

Password Changing Feature now up! 2001-10-15 13:15:24
by lmbedore
Good news! Users can once again change their account passwords. The quick instructions: telnet to shell.vectorstar.net to change your password.

Full instructions can be found here, in our services pages.

Re: Password Changing Feature now up! 2001-10-15 17:49:56
by splovell
Since I don't have telnet I went to: http://shell.vectorstar.net but don't know how to work the pop-up window. Could you help me?
Re: Password Changing Feature now up! 2001-10-16 09:07:54
by Stuart
The shell server doesn't seem to like my password. I can collect mail and log into the FTP with that password, but when I try and use the java SSH client @ http://shell.vectorstar.net it claims the password is wrong. Is there any admins which can explain this pls? Stuart.
Re: Password Changing Feature now up! 2001-10-17 14:32:12
by lmbedore
Um... I didn't quite finish putting everything in place. It should work now... :)
Re: Password Changing Feature now up! 2001-10-17 14:37:03
by stale
Wouldn't it also be cool if the users started changing their underwear?
Re: Password Changing Feature now up! 2001-10-18 03:41:43
by splovell
Thanks I have now changed my password.
Re: Password Changing Feature now up! 2001-10-18 13:47:15
by splovell
If I send mail to stevessite@vectorstar.net I don't receive them when I check at your site. Can you help me please?
Re: Password Changing Feature now up! 2001-10-18 14:27:58
by splovell
Unfortunatly I have another error for you to correct. My subdomaine name http://stevessite.vectorstar.net dosen't work on a lot of my friends computers but it dose work on mine. Could you please advise
Re: Password Changing Feature now up! 2001-10-18 16:56:59
by stale
Stevie, your friends probably use an ISP that has some kind of weird caching DNS server setup. Give it a couple of days to play the DNS game and everything should be fine.
Re: Password Changing Feature now up! 2001-10-19 02:52:32
by splovell
O.K. Frank I'll wait I have also found out that I seem to be the only one at the moment who can visit my site which is funny because a couple of days ago I was getting visitors. Why do you think my mailbox isn't working?
Re: Password Changing Feature now up! 2001-10-19 11:11:48
by lmbedore
Your email address is splovell@vectorstar.net. Your web domain is stevessite.vectorstar.net. They are not related. You cannot receive email at stevessite@vectorstar.net because that is not your email address.

I can't speak for the problems your friends are having. If they're using AOL, well, good luck is all I can say. AOL is a mess.
Re: Password Changing Feature now up! 2001-10-19 13:36:38
by stale
It's a mess... just like the underwear of the users that should be changed.
Re: Password Changing Feature now up! 2001-10-20 04:52:33
by splovell
Thanks I'll try sending mail to splovell@vectostar.net instead. Maybe it's aol I don't know but somebody with Internet Explorer got through before but can't go there now and somebody with aol can go there.