Forums Archive -> VectorStar News

EVEN MORE DSL Outages! 2001-07-29 16:13:53
by lmbedore
We just can't win! The DSL was out for almost an hour last night, and it's out again today with no known or estimated time of returning. Of course, you won't be able to read this until it comes back, but whatever.

The good news is that we plan to move in 6-7 weeks, and hopefully we won't be having these circuit nightmares that we're having now. Last night I even plugged in the backup DSL modem to try to get our line signal ratio higher (it's currently down well below spec). I might get pissed off today and run fresh copper from Verizon's little phone box to the server rack. This is just getting ridiculous.

Well, that should officially bring up my number of trouble tickets to 5 this week. A line technician is expected to check out the wiring tomorrow morning (twice in a week!) and see if he can find any further problems. I guess we'll have to wait until then.

Re: EVEN MORE DSL Outages! 2001-07-30 08:29:16
by lmbedore
And then we went down again, for over 10 hours. That time the ISP went out. However, the circuit wouldn't come up until i reset the DSL modem. I hope this doesn't become a trend, otherwise that new modem will be flying through a window very soon.