|Allright folks, the shell servers are now officially (um, i hope!) in production and ready to go. Here's how the deal is going to go down:
If you've got any questions, concerns, etc... Email me.
- The primary shell server will be mexicanhouseboy, mhb.vectorstar.com. You can telnet or SSH to it, that's your choice.
- The secondary shell server, thrall (thrall.vectorstar.com), is to be used for all IRC bots and other buggy things you want to play with. If you want to compile stuff all day and just do wierd development, this is the box to abuse. You can also get to it by the address devel.vectorstar.com.
- Those of you with eggdrop bots on vector: Eggdrop 1.4.4 has been compiled nice and fresh on the development server. run the script install_eggdrop (directoryname) to install a fresh copy of eggdrop (compiled for sparc) in /home/yourdirectory/(directoryname) .... Please do this as soon as possible and move your bot over to thrall.
- Sorry, but the reverse DNS lookups are not yet up as planned for the shell servers. I will be sending the request to our provider to have these changed tomorrow, but it will probably take a week or so to take effect. If you need to know what they're going to be, they'll be mhb.vectorstar.com and thrall.vectorstar.com, respectively.
- As of November 15, shell service will be disabled from vector. The domain vectorstar.com will then be pointed to mexicanhouseboy. After this point, all compiled programs you have better be compiled for Linux/SPARC because they aren't going to be executable on any other type of server! :)