Forums Archive -> VectorStar News

The new servers are up! 2003-02-15 18:38:03
by lmbedore
Well, the new servers are up. I think that about 99% of this junk is working now. I bet that the 1% of not-working stuff is fairly noticeable.

REMINDER: SMTP mail delivery works differently now. If you can't send mail through vectorstar, read the previous news post!

And if any of you use IMAP, the IMAP folder path has been changed from "mail/" to ".mail/". Also, the old mailban mail filtering is no longer in use. We took it out in preparation for a new filtering system. I will try to set up something for the users who have been using the mailban system tonight. Until then, you might get a few more spam mails than desired.

Please email me and let me know what isn't working. I"m sure there are a lot of small things that are a little screwy since the move.

Re: The new servers are up! 2003-02-16 09:21:42
by ykk
3 cheers for VectorStar and Laird!
Re: The new servers are up! 2003-02-17 07:29:37
by ykk
I am having an error. It says "Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be access directly "blah blah
Re: The new servers are up! 2003-02-17 16:50:33
by lmbedore
One word: details.

to find a solution to a technical problem, details must be plentiful and precise. Then perhaps I could help you, even though we still don't do technical support. :)
Re: The new servers are up! 2003-02-17 21:52:26
by stale
Yeah, you did ask that problems be emailed to you and not posted to the messageboard also. I'm just pointing that out.
Re: The new servers are up! 2003-02-19 00:48:15
by ykk
The problem is that I dont get that error when I visit my own site, but when my friends visit, they get the error. I am typing out the words from the screen shot that my friend sent me. Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly. This PHP CGI binary was compiled with force-cgi-redirect enabled. This means that a page will only be served up if the REDIRECT_STATUS CGI variable is set, e.g. via an Apache Action directive. For more information as to why this behaviour exists, see the manual page for CGI security. For more information about changing this behaviour or re-enabling this webserver, consult the installation file that came with this distribution, or visit the manual page.
Re: The new servers are up! 2003-02-19 02:18:02
by nuzod
Way to not pay attention to Frank's comment.
Re: The new servers are up! 2003-02-19 02:19:17
by nuzod
Whoa, I'm not registered anymore? Maybe I typed the password wrong...
Re: The new servers are up! 2003-02-21 11:17:31
by stale
nuzod: I'm not really here. You're only registered on the msgboard, not the newsboard.
Re: The new servers are up! 2003-02-21 17:57:47
by nuzod
D'oh.