Forums Archive -> Message Board

Google's been down a lot today... 2002-02-23 20:33:53
by marasmus
It's wierd that google has been down so much. I know they've got their main datacenter near san jose, and a backup near washington DC. Considering their backup center (which I've seen) is a 1920-processor server cluster, I find it exceptionally bizarre that it's down. It just goes to show that redundancy doesn't guarantee shit!

Re: Google's been down a lot today... 2002-02-23 23:56:07
by toby
I don't know what you are talking about.. I was there MANY times today and never had any problems. Maybe it is Verizon screwing with you!
Re: Google's been down a lot today... 2002-02-24 05:40:47
by caridwen
Marasmus: Google has been peachy keen for me all day. I suggest unzipping your pants and grabbing dem ankles for the big bad verizon man, or putting down the crack pipe, whichever involves the least amount of trama for you :)
Re: Google's been down a lot today... 2002-02-24 13:46:58
by jeremy
It was down here too. :(
Re: Google's been down a lot today... 2002-02-24 23:32:27
by marasmus
SEE!?! The man saves me and backs me up on the moment of truth.

Server outage 101: A server can be down when I hit it, and then be up a minute later when you hit it. This is possible, even common! It's called ghetto-fabalous instability!

Ok. enough freaking out. i just found it odd that google was down 4 out of 7 times i used it jesterday. it could of at least had the common courtesy to be down like a cir... oh.