Forums Archive -> Message Board

Happy 2-years-and-4-days birthday! :) 2001-12-29 10:49:32
by marasmus
It was 2 years and 4 days ago that the Message Board here started, with this mesage. These last 2 years have shown us some hilarious, serious, rude, derogatory, and flat-out stupid thoughts and comments from many people closely related to VectorStar. This board will soon be changed/replaced to be a general discussion board for ALL VectorStar users. However, it'll probably be 2-3 months till the code is done to make this happen.

Back to that first post... As things stand, history is not without a sense of irony. Then, I was at a job I was frustrated with, fixing things for programmers whom I do not manage. Now I'm doing the same, babying half-assed servers for a company too cheap to actually build themselves an infrastructure (or give their overworked employees proper raises). Then, I had been at my job for 1 year and 3 months. Now, I've been at my job for 1 year and 4 months. I haven't received a LONG overdue raise here. and again, I'm growing tired of this cycle, doing double, triple, even five times what my job duties entail, without getting either the respect or the compensation that such hard work deserves.

This year, instead of quitting this job, I'm chaining friends into becoming VectorStar Staff and putting them into slave labor :) VectorStar Networks will see significant upgrades in the short future. VectorStar Communications will soon start working on new projects. It's much better for hard workers to work for themselves than to work for others.

Re: Happy 2-years-and-4-days birthday! :) 2001-12-30 00:36:13
by toby
:)
Re: Happy 2-years-and-4-days birthday! :) 2001-12-30 15:08:03
by Anonymous
8==W==D
Re: Happy 2-years-and-4-days birthday! :) 2001-12-30 16:07:35
by stale
^^ game start
Re: Happy 2-years-and-4-days birthday! :) 2001-12-31 08:20:45
by vahman
Compton