Forums Archive -> Message Board

Miracle Whip 2001-02-23 18:11:37
by vahman
The argument of religion is one of my all-time favorite hobbies. I have sat back an conversed about subjects like these many a bright moon.....so I couldn't help but post on this topic.

There is no problem with having a different belief system than someone else. Shit, you can even point out certain ideas in a religion/belief that you don't agree with. But flat-out saying that someone is wrong for their beliefs is just innane.

What bothers me more than anything is when someone preaches about a belief, and doesn't even have the decency to follow what they are ranting about. Sigmund Freud once said, "Christianity is a childish hangover which must be overcome to reach full maturity." I personally love this quote because there are so many individuals that hide behind their religion, whether or not it is Christianity or Buddhism. They do this to avoid facing the real-world problems that are staring them in the eyes, and need to be dealt with personnaly and accordingly. But society-washed human beings push these issues aside for someone else to deal with, and in many cases this other "someone" is their god.

"Was religion created or inate?"

"Why did god create a world to "test" people when he knows which side you will choose in the first place?"

Where are my cigarettes?