Forums Archive -> Message Board

*groveling* 2001-01-08 13:04:49
by obrien
Wow. Thanks for all that advice. I guess you're not just a bunch of perverted computer nerds.

Anyhow, I think I'm getting better. (Watch, I just cursed myself) I only wheeze when I breathe really deeply, it doesn't feel like my head and lungs are going to burst when I cough, and I don't ache all over. Hopefully, in a couple of days, I can smoke a goddamn cigarette. But hopefully I won't smoke so much. I'm gonna turn this no-smoking-for-a-week thing into an opportunity to cut back.

Either way, that was some good advice. The funny thing is, I was doing most of it anyway, except for the water balloons, cranberry juice, and sleeping thing. I think those water balloons did the trick. I love cranberry juice, but all we have is this nasty, no sugar added, cranberry-blackberry juice that's 8 months old. It was disgusting when I first tried it, I'm sure it's quite nasty now, but my mom refuses to throw it away (even to the point of digging the bottle out of the garbage) because she thinks that someone is going to drink it. I don't know. And last night was the only time in days that I've slept for more than an hour at a time. I got a full 8 hours last night because my lungs had cleared up enough that I could take Nyquil and not fear death. I actually had dreams last night, for the first time in days, and not surprisingly, they were about the plague. Jesus.