Forums Archive -> Message Board

can't we all just get along? 2000-11-13 19:17:48
by obrien
I'm gonna try to keep this short, but first I'd like to apologize for any part I had in the recent, uh, stupidity (?).

I just wanna point out that everyone here is different. Duh, right? But honestly, even the people that you would consider your friends are drastically different from you. Take me, for example. I hang out with Kmart and Marasmus often (well, when Marasmus decides to leave his house), but we have totally different opinions on a lot of shit. They both think long hair is wonderful, but I really hate it on guys *and* girls. I voted, Kmart didn't. I think Def Lepard is some pretty shitty music, but Marasmus used to love it.

It's the same everywhere you go. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, or even care about the stuff that I do. Some of you are straightedge, whereas I drink rather often. I value spelling and grammar, and some of you don't. But whatever my opinion is, or your opinion, or whoever's opinion, it doesn't matter because it's just an opinion. I might be right, you might be right, we're probably both wrong, so instead of freaking out and attacking people personally (which I apologize for doing) we should just have a civilized debate on the *subject*, not a shit-talking fest.

All right, sorry about the PC shit. This is the last I have to say on the subject. I'll STFU now.