Forums Archive -> Message Board

kill the poor! 2000-08-25 04:33:00
by obrien
I'm prolly gonna be poor the rest of my life and like it, because I see so many people everyday who have nothing but a pair of pants, a couple shirts, and some boots, and they're perfectly happy. I figure that there are people starving and dying and killing each other all over the world, so it's stupid for me to waste money on a cell phone.

Not that I would refuse money if I won the lottery or won a bet that I wouldn't eat bugs or something. Money is very useful and the thought of sitting on my ass for the rest of my life is a good one. I wouldn't go out and buy a huge TV and stereo system and brand new car and a whole new wardrobe. I'd pay my bills, fix up whatever old piece of shit car I had, put a little in the bank, and prolly give the rest away. I'm quite generous with money when I have it. But I would still live in the ghetto, and raise my children in the ghetto, and enjoy it. Ghetto people are so much nicer anyway... I remember one time in Ybor, right after Scooby moved, we ran into this girl that he called his sister. She was just a good friend of his, I guess they used to squat together. She couldn't stay long, so she just mentioned something about being pregnant and these really nice people she had met. (Any of you Ybor regulars, you've prolly seen the short girl with the "weed is da bomb" sign.. that's her.. she's kinda stupid, but that doesn't matter in this story) Anyhow she left, and we went to Scooby's old house because he'd heard it was boarded up and condemned and shit, which it was. While we were standing there staring, these 2 black people came up and asked if Scooby used to live in that house. He said, "yeah, why?" and they said that his sister was looking for him, and that since she didn't have anywhere to stay they let her spend the night, fed her, let her shower, and gave her some clothes (which explained why she had been wearing men's clothes that were way too big)... Now how many rich people would do that? Not a single fucking one. You could tell these people were dirt poor, and when they pointed out their house down the street, it was the shittiest one on the block (even though it was the ghetto and they were all really shitty). These people obviously didn't have the extra money to pay for the food she ate, or the water she used, and it looked like they had given her their best clothes because they looked like shit. Being a mother and having all my hormones fucked up, these people really made me want to cry, partially because they were so nice and partially because I knew that the people who could spare an extra room and some old clothes and a hot meal wouldn't fucking do it. Which is why I will never move into a rich neighborhood no matter how much money I have. Shit, I feel bad enough for living in my middle class house in suburbia...

Ok setimental time is over. I say we kill the rich. Hang em fuckin high...