Since the dawn of VectorStar's News thing, I have been unemployed by any sort of official and respectable company. I had quit my previous stable job 6 days after the first post on the news. I've also had a horrendous time trying to find a quality technical job around here. I refused to work with Windows NT as a primary Operating System and now all the waiting has paid off.
I actually got a job.
- Position: Unix Systems Administrator
- Company: Auction Management Solutions
- Location: Between Tampa and Brandon, FL
- Platform: Linux, currently RedHat 5.2 and 6.1. I hope to change that.
- Salary: Way too much for me to spend realistically.
- Hours: 8:30 - 5:30. Very cool hours, just earlier than I'm accustomed to. Time to adjust.
- Profile: The company builds custom video and audio streaming software for the purpose of allowing live auction bidding over the Internet at real-time auctions worldwide.