Forums Archive -> Message Board

Graduation galore 2000-06-07 15:20:00
by scrantoine
Today is graduation day for the class of 2000 in Seminole High and other high schools around the county. Most of the staff probably don't give a shit because they either dropped out of high school or they graduated and didn't want to care or look back. This is not the case with myself, I see today as the dawn of a new chapter in my life. This is the end of madatory schooling, or rather, this is the end of teachers who are paid meager amounts of money to baby sit. Anyway you look at it, it is an end that leads to a myriad of beginnings for every student of high school. Don't get me wrong, I didn't particularly like high school, with its dribbling moron populace who do nothing but talk shit about each other and justify a fun time by hitting the bottle to the point of unconciousness. That is what high school students pretty much did at my school. Stale, Marasmus, and Forge can relate, they all at one time or another went to Seminole. I'm not going to miss high school all that much except for the good friends I had who were of a like mind as I am. Now that high school is over, the infinite doors of opportunity are all swinging open and it is only a matter of choice. Some of us have made our choices, while others will rely on time and circumstance to choose for them. Anyway you choose, your choice should be one made rationally and well thought out. Almost every choice made in haste or ignorance ends up in folly. In conclusion, I would like to congratulate the class of 2000 for gritting their teeth and making it through high school and good luck on the path you choose.