Forums Archive -> Message Board

Bandwidth Usage option? 2005-12-08 05:34:08
by wyattriot
Any news on if/when the bandwidth usage pages (http://users.vectorstar.net/~USERNAME/usage) will be back? Did the URL change and I'm too dense to notice? :)

Re: Bandwidth Usage option? 2005-12-09 19:47:53
by (anon)Anonymous
Well.... it's kinda complicated. We used to run Apache 1.3.x, and when the last web server died i bit the bullet and jumped to Apache 2.0.x. The ONLY feature that wasn't working 100% correctly on Apache 2 is bandwidth quotas... We're trying a new package (mod_cband), but it seems to be a little buggy. I've also been working on a port of mod_throttle (the package we used before) to Apache 2, but my C skills are seriously lacking, especially when it comes to understanding the Apache API. mod_throttle loads, but it doesn't actually do anything.

Right now both mod_throttle and mod_cband are running, but I'm not quite sure that either package is working correctly. mod_cband seems to half-work, but I don't think it's tracking all queries, maybe half of them. So if anything, you can probably use more bandwidth now than you're supposed to be able to use! :)
Oops! 2005-12-09 19:48:33
by marasmus
Sorry, that last message was me. :P