Forums Archive -> Message Board

"No, Linux is a 8-bit OS!" 2000-05-19 21:47:00
by vahman
Someone I work with states: "NT is better that Linux. NT is a 128-bit OS, while Linux is only a 8-bit OS!" Need I say more.

I am about to slap together a dual Pentium II 400 Xeon machine with 128 Megs of RAM. If you know of a damn good dual Xeon motherboard, drop me a line. I am probably gonna throw up some kind of webserver......I don't know yet (Vectorstar inspires me!). In any sense......it will be running Slack, and it will be a pimp machine. If you would like to donate money to the "Vahman needs a pimp ass dual Xeon fund", please E-mail me.

Marasmus, thanks once again for the edumacation. I agree with you 100% on the "Seagate: Broke ass Drive" idea. The specs on it were kinda cool though. I am plenty happy with my Quantum. I am gonna buy another one shortly. I am curious about the Atlas 10K II. I want one of 'em.

Pogo: I have will research for a copy of HP-UX tonight. I am helping my girl babysit, so I have some free time. I will check some friends. See what I can whip up. Is HP-UX still in existence? Does that come on the same set of floppies as Windows 3.1? Just curious.

Take care of yourselves, and each other