Forums Archive -> Message Board

Testing updated webmail!! 2004-09-03 19:08:26
by marasmus
Hey everyone, I just found out that a newer version of AeroMail (the webmail software we use) came out, thanks to the work of a new developer. I've set up a temporary test page for the new version... Please test things and tell me what works, doesn't work, acts weird, or should be changed.

Here is the link (to the SSL version, of course).

Known bugs:
  • The index page loads MUCH slower than the older version, though this seems to vary quite a bit.
  • The delete message function doesn't seem to work from within the folder view.
I tried to make it look as much like the older version as possible, but i'm very open to suggestions on changes to the look as well.

-Laird

Re: Testing updated webmail!! 2004-09-03 20:22:59
by marasmus
It looks like this version comes with some sort of blacklist-checker. That explains why it runs slower than all hell! I'll be turning that off ASAP. host-based Blacklisting is about the worst possible way of trapping spam anyways.
Re: Testing updated webmail!! 2004-09-04 03:32:47
by marasmus
The blacklist feature has been turned off, some quirks fixed, some features added... The only certain bug I can find is with in-line attached images not displaying in-line, only at the end of the page. Beat it up and let me know what should be changed.
Re: Testing updated webmail!! 2004-09-09 03:36:02
by smokey
Noticed that when in folder view or using the menu to change folders, I see two INBOX's listed. They both do take you to the correct location.
Re: Testing updated webmail!! 2004-09-09 17:13:15
by marasmus
The old webmail did that too.... In this new version I found a way to get rid of the duplicate INBOX, though. Thanks Smokey!
Re: Testing updated webmail!! 2004-09-10 13:44:18
by marasmus
Allright, so as of last night I moved the test webmail to production. I hope you like it! Let me know if anything doesn't work right, catches fire, or screams bloody murder. :)
Re: Testing updated webmail!! 2004-09-10 23:45:21
by vahman
Looks great laird!
Re: Testing updated webmail!! 2004-09-20 16:30:13
by Dion
Laird wrote: << The only certain bug I can find is with in-line attached images not displaying in-line, only at the end of the page.>> That'll be fixed in the next release! Dion