Forums Archive -> Message Board

Another legend bites the dust... 2003-09-13 02:29:44
by forge
Well aint this a bitch. I'm not sure if many of you have heard, or even give a shit, but Johnny Cash just died yesterday from complications involving a losing battle with diabetes.

On August 29th, two weeks to the day of his death, he had just won a cinematography award from the MTV Music Awards for his most recent video 'Hurt' and had just been released the previous day for a stomache condition. He was readmitted to the hospital and went home only a few short days ago on the 9th and died last night September 12, 2003 at the age of 71. His wife June had just died May 15th of this year from complications during surgery at the age of 73.

More info can be found on his website at JohnnyCash.com

Re: Another legend bites the dust... 2003-09-13 08:49:20
by stale
Yeah, I heard yesterday. Sucks.
Re: Another legend bites the dust... 2003-09-14 10:51:30
by caridwen
The world is a colder place without the Man in Black.
But the good news is John Ritter ate shit the other day as well!
I guess there is such a thing as a balance between good and evil...
Re: Another legend bites the dust... 2003-09-15 09:04:32
by pondera
Well I guess when they said "Come and knock on our door" they sure as hell weren't singing to you. How are you going to front on John Ritter? He was crankin' down two different girls on prime time before you knew the difference between breast milk and vitamin D!
Re: Another legend bites the dust... 2003-09-15 10:47:54
by stale
I thought the whole premise of the show was the he wasn't workin' down two girls. Wasn't he pretending to be a homo or something? I'd totally crank down 1970's Susanne Summers or whatever.
Re: Another legend bites the dust... 2003-09-15 14:00:34
by caridwen
Pondera: Actually, I'm *glad* I wasn't alive during the pinnacle of John Ritter's mundane and deplorable career. In fact, I think it makes me a more worthwhile individual.

Child molesters, Ford drivers, Wanna-be DJ's.. all John Ritter fans.

I rest my case.

Re: Another legend bites the dust... 2003-09-15 14:54:20
by pondera

Word!
Re: Another legend bites the dust... 2003-09-15 15:04:14
by vahman
I agree with Pondera on this one......John Ritter was the shit. Anyone that can wear those shorts, and still somehow bang two girls he lives with, and go on dates with other girls, must be doing something right.
Re: Another legend bites the dust... 2003-09-16 11:43:14
by caridwen
Vahman: The whole fucking point of the show was that he WASN'T banging those girls! In fact, watching the show actually gives me the impression that the girls were banging eachother and he was just some big nosed doofus who wasn't even allowed to whimper and scratch at their door!
Re: Another legend bites the dust... 2003-09-16 12:00:35
by vahman
In that case Caridwen, he was living with two girls that were going at it. I could totally live with two lesbians, as long as they weren't all butch looking. Either way, John Ritter is the shit. And he had the whole doofus attitude so that they would feel sorry for him. Behind closed doors, he was riding two deep.
Re: Another legend bites the dust... 2003-09-16 13:23:23
by marasmus
Yeah, John Ritter's character on Three's Company was annoying as hell, but he as a person was sure to get more pussy than a bonobo. He worked the chester moustache into mainstream popularity during the 80's, and that I think is the sole reason why anyone would disparage him.
Re: Another legend bites the dust... 2003-09-16 21:45:23
by caridwen
Marasmus: No, the popularity of the molestor moustache can be blamed on Tom Selleck. Oh, and female bonobos spend about fifty percent more time having sexual contact with eachother as opposed to with the males. So even if John Ritter was a bonobo, he STILL wouldn't be gettin' any!
Re: Another legend bites the dust... 2003-09-17 09:01:29
by stale
All this hate. Can we please have a moment of silence for the original playa?

... Thank you
Re: Another legend bites the dust... 2003-09-17 15:51:22
by marasmus
Yeah.... JOHNNY CASH!!
Re: Another legend bites the dust... 2003-09-17 16:48:14
by stale
I shot a man in Reno... just to watch him die...
Re: Another legend bites the dust... 2003-09-19 03:10:11
by caridwen
Dude, but what about Warren Zevon?